|OVFC 4th of July News|
|By Chief Whit Jacobs|
|July 5, 2018|
From all of us at OVFC, we hope you have had a wonderful 4th of July!
While you enjoyed your holiday, volunteer firemen from OVFC ran two fires throughout the day. The first began this morning with a car fire off North Madison Road in the Schewels Furniture parking lot. Engine 23 arrived to find a passenger car fully involved after striking a light pole.
Later that afternoon, OVFC was alerted for a structure fire off Porterfield Drive in the Town of Orange. Chief 23 first arrived just before Engine 23 and found a 1 story attached town house with light smoke visible from the front of the residence. Engine 23 entered and found an extinguished grease fire that had left the entire house full of smoke. Truck 23 continued in and handled ventilation while the crew off Engine 23 checked for extension, removed the torched oven from the home and isolated power from the overhead range. 1 occupant was evaluated for burns to her hands and refused transport.
We would like to once again remind you to inspect your smoke detectors. If they are older than 10 years - replace them. Change batteries twice per year and check them monthly.